Friday, September 24, 2010

10 Things I Am SICK Of...



  1. Fixing dinner EVERY night of the week...well, most nights anyway.  I've gotten lazy lately, and am just sick and tired of opening the pantry door to discover that nothing excites my taste buds.  Just the same old boring shit, that no one else is going to make.  Which means that, YEP, once again I'm on the hook for cookin' up the grub.
  2. Skid marks.  Not the skid marks on pavement, I'm talking about the ability that my kids have to lay tread in every damn pair of drawers that they put on.  I potty trained them myself, so it comes as a bit of a shock that they have since forgotten how to wipe their little asses.  Doesn't that start to itch at some point?!
  3. Bad grammer/speling.  The red squiggly lines under the shit meaningful prose that you are typing means that you jacked it up folks!  Give the little backspace button some love and TRY AGAIN, genius!
  4. Hood-rat pants.  These would be the obscenely over-sized shorts/pants that guys wear.  I think that these pants are actually intended to be an "accessory" to the boxer shorts that they are wearing.  They probably wouldn't wear their pants in this manner if they knew what this means in prison.  OUCH!!!  
  5. Hot weather.  It's almost October and we are STILL suffering in temps that are just a few degrees cooler than HELL.
  6. Employees who don't want to A) work hard, B) get along with eachother, C) keep an accurate time card, and D) all of the above.  NEWS FLASH:  There are millions of other Americans out there who would give 150% MORE effort and just be thankful for a regular paycheck.  Think about it and let me know if you still want to come to work tomorrow.  No hard feelings if you decide otherwise.  Really.
  7. Homework.  I've finished my education, but now I have my kids' homework to contend with....and they bring home A LOT.
  8. The cat's litter box.  I clean it out, and by the end of the day it's shitty and stinky again.  Oh, who am I trying to kid, I just dump it all out once a week.  or two
  9. Moms who don't make their children behave.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, can I beat your rotten heathen for you?!  Because no one in Chick-Fil-A gives a rats ass that you're just trying to teach him to "use his words".  He's screaming and ruining everyone's lunch, you daft moron.  Here's $20 to take your brand of crazy some place else um-kay?
  10. Cleaning my house.  Self explanatory.  Our house is clean, but I am not one of those women who gets warm fuzzies when I walk down the cleaning supply aisle at WalMart because there's a new Pine-Sol scent that I can't wait to go home and mop my floors with.  It's called houseWORK for a reason, not houseFUN.



~Ethel~





BoostMyBlogFriday

14 comments:

  1. Love your blog!! I am a new follower!! would love a follow back

    http://theseareafewofmyfavoritethings-sue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, had a problem with the last comment.

    Love this! My goodness, thanks to Frugal Free Gal's blog hop I am finding some great site!

    Now a follower!

    http://ninasmomma.blogspot.com/

    ~Kirs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. **snicker** that's AWESOME! I have the tread mark problem too... and yes, feel free to beat my little heathen for me, I'm tired of doing it to no avail. It's pretty hot for the northeast here too... like today I woke up to that "brace yourself because it's gonna be hot and sticky as hell" fog outside. It's supposed to hit 90... that's unusual for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to point out real quick that *I* don't have a skid mark problem, I have a problem with them in my son's underwear. Just wanted to clear that up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first person I'm going to hire when we win the lottery is a cook. Seriously, my dislike of cooking is the main reason we throw away so much money each week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower from the Friday Blog Hops. Happy Friday. :)

    http://donuts2crumpets.blogspot.com
    http://frugalityville.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well the first person I'm going to hire when I win the lottery is a maid because my house is NOT clean. I just don't have the time... or the inclination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. L.O.V.E. your blog! I am your newest follower!

    http://massholemommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you via a blog hop and now I CAN'T STOP READING!! It's like you're writing about my life!! I'm going to be back every day! Honestly, every post I've read so far resonates with me!

    Chrystal
    www.adornonashoestring.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your header and Title so creative.
    Following from boost my blog friday.

    ReplyDelete